as of 10:00, 16 June 2020
Progress of Works
On 5 June 2020, a team of four experts, led by Director General Victor Bronnikov, took a flight by helicopter Mi-8 MTV departing from Tazovsky Settlement of Yamal-Nenets Autonomous Area at 06:30 MSK and arrived in Norilsk at 8:30 MSK.
05 June 2020: additional on-site reconnaissance survey was conducted together with the EMERCOM of Russia; the necessary personnel, vehicles and equipment were determined along with the sequence and most effective ways of performing petroleum products spill clean-up operations.
05 June 2020: a meeting with EMERCOM resulted in allocating a contaminated site for Transneft Siberia: the Ambarnaya River.
as of 10:00, 16 June 2020:
Seven emergency response teams with 102 specialists in total keep working on six boundaries (Urengoy, Nizhnevartovsk, Surgut, Nefteyugansk and Noyabrsk OTPDs and Noyabrsk SDEPR). They skim petroleum products from the water surface using 15 oil skimmers, pumping them first into 22 TOT-10 tanks and one TOT-100 tank wherefrom the products are further pumped into 39 SET-250 tanks and one SET-125 tank installed by Nornickel.
As the major part of the diesel fuel has been collected from the riverbed, three teams have been relocated to the lake, the canal and the former riverbed in the area of boundaries 3, 4, 5 and 6.
1. 22 temporary oil storage tanks TOT-10 have been installed, along with one TOT-100 tank and 15 cascades of booms to the total length of 820 m.
2. 9,090 m3 of petroleum products have been skimmed from the water surface, with 670 m3 recovered within the day.
3. Specialists continue skimming petroleum products on six boundaries (the contaminated site of the Ambarnaya river).
4. The petroleum product pumping is in progress from Transneft Siberia’s TOT-10 and TOT-100 tanks into Nornickel’s seven SET-250 tanks (39 SET-125 petroleum products storage tanks with the total capacity standing at 9,875 m3.)
As of 10:00, 16 June 2020, 9,090 m3, have been pumped into the SET-250 tanks, with 670 m3 pumped during the day.
Water control performed at the SET-250 tanks, with the water level ranging from 0 to 200 mm and an outflow of 1,300-1,500 mm.
- booms with a total length of 0.820 km;
- temporary oil storage tanks TOT-10 – 22;
- temporary oil storage tanks TOT-100 – 1;
- oil skimmers for petroleum products to be skimmed from the water surface – 15;
- motor pumps for water pumping – 22;
- diesel power plants DPP-5kV – 10;
- small-size vessels – 1;
- tents with bedroom accessories - 11 sets;
- lumber – 6 m3.
Map of petroleum products spill clean-up on the Ambarnaya river, Norilsk, Krasnoyarsk Territory