The Policy of Transneft in occupational safety, energy efficiency, industrial and environmental safety
Transneft, being a key element of the energy industry of the Russian Federation and securing final results of its activities, declares protection of employees’ life and health, increasing energy efficiency level, compliance with the requirements of industrial safety and environmental protection, as its higher and permanent priority.
Transneft, being fully aware of the scale and technological complexity of its activities, develops trunk pipeline transportation and conducts the works in such a way as to prevent occupational injuries, accidents at hazardous production facilities, environmental harm, and secures rational use of the consumed fuel and energy resources.
The principles of Transneft in occupational safety, energy efficiency, industrial and environmental safety:
- priority of the employee’s life and health against the result of industrial activities;
- rational use of fuel and energy resources;
- priority of preventing measures against measures oriented to localization and elimination of consequences of accidents;
- preventing and reducing negative impact on the environment, rational use of nature resources;
- involvement of personnel at all the levels into improvement of the occupational safety, industrial safety management systems, environmental and energy management systems;
- disclosure of significant information on the activities in occupational safety, energy efficiency, industrial and environmental safety.
The obligations of Transneft in occupational safety, energy efficiency, industrial and environmental safety:
- absolute compliance with the requirements of the Russian laws, international contracts of the Russian Federation, federal standards and rules regarding occupational safety, use of energy resources, energy saving and energy efficiency, industrial safety and environmental protection;
- permanent improvement of the occupational safety, industrial safety management systems, environmental and energy management systems;
- performing a set of preventive measures oriented to prevention of occupational injuries and employees’ health deterioration;
- reducing the risk of accidents at hazardous industrial facilities;
- increasing energy efficiency of production processes at all the stages;
- environmental protection and pollution prevention.
To comply with the specified principles, Transneft sets the following aims and tasks:
- securing occupational safety, including by means of achieving the production processes level corresponding to the modern condition of equipment and scientific achievements, in accordance with the principle of priority of employees’ life and health against the results of industrial activities;
- organizing statistical control for energy efficiency, monitoring and analysis of the main characteristics of use and consumption of fuel and energy resources and the factors influencing their consumption level;
- implementing a set of organizational and technical activities as part of the approved Energy Saving Programme for reducing consumption of fuel and energy resources;
- improving the condition of industrial and environmental safety due to timely replacement and increase of equipment’s reliability, securing its safe and accident-free operation;
- maintaining the high level of emergency rescue teams’ readiness, their equipping with modern technical facilities for elimination of oil and petroleum products spills;
- allocation of material, financial and human resources sufficient for achieving the objectives;
- increasing the level of employees’ awareness on occupational safety and labour conditions at workplaces, industrial safety requirements, their motivation for careful consumption of all resources;
- securing, developing and stimulating personal and collective responsibility of employees for compliance with the requirements of occupational safety, industrial safety and environmental protection;
- increasing personnel’s responsibility for rational and effective consumption of energy resources;
- organizing collaboration with state authorities, research organizations and other interested parties for the purpose of experience exchange, development and implementation of progressive standards and rules;
- using and implementing advanced technologies regarding occupational safety, energy efficiency, industrial safety and ecology upon design, construction, technical upgrading, revamping and overhaul of pipeline transportation facilities;
- organizing effective industrial control for compliance with the requirements of occupational safety, energy efficiency, energy saving, the condition of industrial and environmental safety.
Transneft declares compliance with the provisions hereof as the guarantee for optimal combination of the Company’s interests with its social and economic needs as regards occupational safety, energy efficiency, industrial and environmental safety.