On the photo (left to right): provisional governor of Ryazan Region N.V. Lyubimov and President of Transneft N.P. Tokarev
President of Transneft N.P. Tokarev and acting governor of Ryazan Region N.V. Lyubimov have signed a mutual cooperation agreement between the Company and the regional government.
The signing ceremony held in the central office of Transneft in Moscow was also attended by Vice President of Transneft M.V. Margelov and Director General of Transneft Upper Volga Y.L. Levin.
In accordance with the document, the priority areas of cooperation include:
- further economic development, improvement of the investment climate, creating favorable conditions for addressing the main social problems of Ryazan Region, including the operation of oil trunk pipeline and petroleum products pipeline facilities;
- construction of infrastructure facilities;
- ensuring the safe operation of oil trunk pipelines and petroleum products pipelines in the territory of Ryazan Region;
- creating conditions for protecting the industrial infrastructure of Transneft subsidiaries from terrorist and sabotage threats;
- combating the illicit traffic of crude oil and petroleum products as well as thefts from oil and petroleum products pipelines;
- implementing social projects and programs of Transneft;
- encouraging scientific-technological and innovation activities in the territory of Ryazan Region, implementing joint projects of social importance.
As per the document, the priority area of future interaction between the parties is deeper engagement of Transneft subsidiaries with contractors, research and design institutions located in the territory of Ryazan Region.
In Ryazan Region Transneft is represented by Transneft Upper Volga that comprises Ryazan Region Oil Pipeline Directorate.
As part of charity activities, Transneft Upper Volga helps the region by repairing and financing educational institutions, assisting veteran organizations and utility companies in the areas where the Company’s facilities are located.